Chinchilla is the cutest pet animal native to Andes Mountains. They are slightly larger than the squirrel and smaller than the rabbits. They are social animals and hence can be used as a pet animal in many regions.
Mostly, many people grow chinchilla within a cage or in a room. These places should be kept hygienic because it will help to increase the health of the chinchilla. Hence a proper caring and training are necessary for a chinchilla by which the living area of chinchilla can be kept clean.
The litter box is a small sandbox mostly used in the houses with pet animals. This box is used as a collection box for urine and indoor faces. This box is commonly used for the pet animals like cats, dog, and rabbit, micro pig etc.
This box is made up of plastic, metals or cardboard and can be filled with litter such as the biodegradable litter, clumping litter, silicon litter or conventional litter. This litter box can also be used within the chinchilla cage. Chinchilla should be trained first for using the litter box. By using the litter box, other places in the cage will be kept hygienic and clean. This will also maintain the health of chinchilla.
Points To Be Noted Before Training The Chinchilla
Training the chinchilla is really a tough job. Some chinchillas are fast learners and they can be trained within few days while other chinchillas are slow learners and it will take months to train those chinchillas. The points to be noted before litter training the chinchillas are given below.
Choosing The Litter Box
The first important step to be followed before training your pet is to choose the correct litter box. As per as the size of the pet animals, the litter box varies sizes and shapes. You should choose the correct shape and size of the litter box for your pet animal. The litter box of rabbits will be bigger for chinchilla and the litter box for hamster will be small. So, choose the best litter box between these sizes.
Choosing The Spot
Selecting the spot to place the litter box is very difficult. For this, you should need to monitor your pet for a long time. You should find the spot where your pet urinates regularly. Choose the exact location else training your pet will become quite difficult. Check whether the spot is not near water and food regions of chinchilla. If so, change the food and water location for a chinchilla.
Train The Chinchilla
Training chinchilla to use the litter box is a difficult task. For this, you should monitor your pet carefully. Some important steps should be followed while training chinchilla and these steps are given below.
- Place the litter box exactly in the place where your pets urinate regularly. This is because many chinchillas have the habit of urinating in the same place.
- Use sand and some cell Sorb, care fresh or all pine in the litter box, hence it will help your pet to use this box.
- Check whether your pet uses this box for few days.
- If your pet is using the box then move the box slightly and monitor your box.
- If it continuously uses the litter box then it is clear that your pet is trained. But only a few chinchilla does this fruitfully. Others use the same old spot for urination. For them, keep the litter box in the same place and change the padding regularly. The chinchilla gets used with the smell of the padding and get trained to use the litter box.
Thus by following these steps, you can easily train your pet animal. Added to this, you can also maintain a hygienic environment.
If you feel this article is useful, share it in your social websites for the benefit of others.